This posting has been closed.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
We’re looking for a full-time junior developer to join our team to create effective solutions for issues our customers face. We’ll build engaging websites, help our customers improve workflows, join their systems together, and apply your creative coding skills to build plugins that fulfill specific needs for e-commerce, learning, and project management. Your goal will be to provide customers with tools they love, support our community, and have an amazing work-life experience.
You will love this job if:
- You are a developer that enjoys creating meaningful solutions
- You enjoy working remotely, whether from home or your local hangout.
- You have an inclusive outlook and value your peers
- You value free time and freedom away from work for family, friends, and personal life.
- You work well with others in collaborative environments.
- You are self-driven, motivated, and love making life easier for people through your work
Job perks and benefits:
We promote personal and professional growth. We are committed to our team’s future, freedom, and time.
As a junior developer and an employee of Real Big Marketing, you will be guaranteed the following benefits:
- A minimum starting salary of $43,000 USD plus all benefits below
- 401K with a 3% employer match
- Access to learning material, including books and education sites for professional improvement.
- Free licenses to all of our products.
- An equipment and technology allowance to ensure you have the tools you need to do well at your job.
- A dedicated mentor and training to help you learn and grow at Real Big Marketing.
- Unlimited and fully paid sick and bereavement leave.
- Unplugged bonus of $250 for taking a week off of work and fully disconnecting.
- Flexible vacation with fully paid and required time-off minimums.
- Annual travel budget for conferences, co-working, and other work trips.
Our values and commitments
We are a small team and a 100% bootstrapped company that has grown carefully and gradually over the last ten years. We have done that by being committed to our values and our people.
We are committed to equal pay and we value transparency. We value the time of our people and we believe in setting realistic expectations. We know that families always come first, and we prioritize diversity and inclusion.
What you will do:
You will work alongside our existing development, product, and support teams with a dedicated mentor. Your primary responsibility will be to coordinate support requests and to work as a member of our development team to build features and tackle bug reports for our products, including:
- Work with clients to troubleshoot issues
- Handle and resolve bug reports on GitHub
- Develop features and enhancements for products
- Create templates and themes and workflows
- Test Pull Requests and Alpha/Beta versions of software via GitHub from team members and 3rd party developers
- Communicate with the team on challenges, bugs, and features to help fulfill customer expectations
- Write and update user-facing documentation
What you will need:
- A penchant for helping people
- A code portfolio. Link us to your GitHub account, upload a .zip, or both.
- Proficiency with Git and GitHub.
- Ability to set up a local environment for testing PHP code.
- Excellent communication skills with written English.
- Ability to work remotely with all the necessary tools (internet connection, etc).
An average day at Real Big Marketing:
It doesn’t have to be crazy at work. We strive to embrace a core ethos of calmness. To set the stage, here’s what an average day at Real Big Marketing can look like:
- Start your workday at a consistent time.
- Say hi to your colleagues in Slack when you start your workday.
- Review tickets that may need your attention.
- Share your playlist at The WaterCooler
- Dive into your favorite IDE and a local instance of WordPress to make progress on some assigned GitHub issues.
- Join a colleague or two online for a brainstorming or mentoring session.
- Share your ideas on GitHub issue threads.
- Share a picture of your pet in Slack whenever you feel like it.
- Take breaks for meals, exercise, reading, etc.
If you would like to work at Real Big Marketing and wish to apply for this position, submit an application
This posting has been closed.
Real Big Marketing, LLC. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Real Big Marketing. LLC. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Real Big Marketing, LLC. expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Real Big Marketing, LLC’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.